Jonsereds 70E Runnin' Great

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Well... I finally got the parts for the 70E (top handlebar and lower AV mount, and complete rear handle assembly). Tossed a new plug and fuel filter in it and cleaned 'er up quite a bit. She was pretty crusty.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

When I first got it started, she was foggin' for skeeters from all the crap that was still in the crankcase... Fouled the plug 3 times... once the cylinder cleared out and I readjusted the carb, she ran like a scalded dog!:bowdown:

Pulls the 28" Windson Speedtip and full skip chain no problemo. If you remember what it looked like before... this thing looks dang near new!

Love to get the beasts runnin'!:D

Gary

Last edited:
Right Awn! :clap: Looking real good! I see you need some big spikes for it though!

A nice sized saw to have around. Seems the 70-80cc saws do most of the work.

Will aftermarket Husqvarna spikes fit?

Gary

I doubt it. Maybe some Jonsered collector has some laying around as it is a pretty old saw. And, I don't think you will luck out and find any full-grown spikes. Your odds are best at retro-fitting some Stihl or Husky spikes, or making your own! Cutting up a set of $25 Bailey's large 5-points shouldn't hurt the wallet too bad.

Josh

Back