Hand Fallers Ticket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
I have a chance at a good job up here if I have a B.C. fallers ticket that will put me ahead of the buckers, limbers and brush humpers on a slashing crew for road widening. It's only non merchantable spruce rising up to Alpine Tundra with a bit of glorified 9" pine thrown in. Nothing a 346 won't stump jump.
Does anyone know what's involved in obtaining the required papers. I'm certified by the Labour Board in Ontario, but I guess that doesn't cut it out here. It just means I will be making more $ if I have the papers.
Thanks in advance, and no smart a$$ remarks from you Dennis- you old cull.:rock:
John

If you do not have the capabliity to read pdf files...let me know and I will send the pages via email.

I have a chance at a good job up here if I have a B.C. fallers ticket that will put me ahead of the buckers, limbers and brush humpers on a slashing crew for road widening. It's only non merchantable spruce rising up to Alpine Tundra with a bit of glorified 9" pine thrown in. Nothing a 346 won't stump jump.
Does anyone know what's involved in obtaining the required papers. I'm certified by the Labour Board in Ontario, but I guess that doesn't cut it out here. It just means I will be making more $ if I have the papers.
Thanks in advance, and no smart a$$ remarks from you Dennis- you old cull.:rock:
John

Hey Gypo.....What I understand from talking to a few cutters from BC this summer, the test is getting quite costly and drawn out. BUT.....I'm sure it could only be because the culls like you, coming from Eastern Canada, are the ones with the least experience and are the ones that are getting hurt.....Hahahahahaha!

heli.jpg

Last edited:
Say what,you have to have a permit to drop trees?? Good grief,sounds like England.

its friggin expensive, you need to give up a few months of your life and relocate to where the course is held, so factor in rent, food, gas, vehicle if your renting, plus the course costs (i was qouted $10,000 by the school (it aint cheap) and the WCB exam fee (about $700 i do believe...after 2006.)

:cry:

Last edited:
Gypo.......When your pushin tree's over you don't worry about stump pull......When in doubt......DOWN the HILL!

heli9.jpg

Latest posts

Back