028S Muffler Mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tzed250

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The 028S I have is in great condition, but the muffler had some surface rust. I decided "new muffler!". After I put the new muffler on I looked at the old one and thought "muffler mod!". Here are some before and after pics of the project.

New cover

attachment.php

New housing

attachment.php

Modded cover

attachment.php

Modded housing

attachment.php

The slots in the baffle were made with a .250 end mill in a Bridgeport (yes an actual Bridgeport...:) ).

The stack is a piece of 3/4 tube. The outlet area equals +/-85% of the exhaust outlet. The spark screen is still in place.

Here is the finished product on the saw

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The saw now cracks off with authority! Well, as much authority as a 50cc saw can have...:)

I'm happy...:clap:

Thanks for the nice words guys!!! Getting it all to work was a bit of a pain. I wanted the stack to clear the cases and covers. Making this happen with the stock outlet location and still leaving room for chain brake actuation meant quite a bit of cut-check, cut-check. My inspiration was the rear facing stack on an 056. I figured if they could make that work, I could at least get this going.

Latest posts

Back