Resizeing your picture's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matildasmate

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here is a very small screen capture program that I use to resize my picture's with , It is a Freeware program - meaning it is free for anyone to use and copy. When setting it up , set it to 75% quality which will reduce the file size from roughly 400kb's to 40 - 60kb's which is a massive reduction in file size , but you will not be able to see any dif in picture quality and pic will remain the same size , I also set the hot key to PrtSc on my keyboard , so all you have to do is open up your pic , then press the hot key and capture the part of the pic you want . Cheer's MM

There is a nice picture resizer built in with Microsoft Power Toys. It works as part of the menu you get with a right button click.
It is so handy it can even work on batches of pictures, resizing them all at once. It will even will make a copy that is resized if you don't want to mess with the original.

Image resizer for Windows XP is available here:
http://tinyurl.com/2meyw

I even boot back to Windows to use this program and then return to Linux for everything else.

Last edited:
Another thanks MM, I lost that print screen prog on my last reformat, it can be very useful, a good clean little program imho. Yes, a re-sizing/how to post pics sticky in the main threads would be of great benefit to many of the newer posters, I know I struggled around before I figured it out, that is up to the mods though.

:cheers:

Serge

Another thanks MM, I lost that print screen prog on my last reformat, it can be very useful, a good clean little program imho. Yes, a re-sizing/how to post pics sticky in the main threads would be of great benefit to many of the newer posters, I know I struggled around before I figured it out, that is up to the mods though.

:cheers:

Serge
Excellent Serge ...... I am glad to see this little program will eventually help so many , there is another photo re-sizer in the Microsoft office software , as mentioned in this thread , I have MS office but don't use it , it take's up way too much space on my laptop . Beside's I like Freeware software , It's free and generally has a small footprint , also usually work's great . Beside's I don't like the MS attitude , it would be like us trying to force every one to use the same mill , it's crap . Cheer's MM

I usually use MS Photo Editor and do a little cropping to frame it better before I resize. Cropping out the unimportant stuff goes a long way to making the file smaller and you can retain more quality that way.

Ian

FastStone Photo Resizer is interesting and easy to use. Haven't installed it in Windows but was able to get it working in Slackware Linux under the Wine emulator just now. Used it to batch convert some pics to smaller size and all went well. It will also batch rename your pics.

Now I won't have to boot into Windows for batch re-sizing pics. Only need something to transfer pics from the camera in Linux now and Windows will just be a horrific memory :censored:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back