Under the hood of Ryobi 10532 from HD (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here are a few shots of the Ryobi 10532 from Home Depot that was mentioned on another thread. I went down there yesterday afternoon and grabbed one, There were 3 or 4 way up on the the third tier of the rack. $119out the door. I am impressed considering its probably the lowest priced gasoline saw in there. The saw is marked made in China but the engine says
ZENOAH JAPAN on the jug. The carb setup makes me think its strato charged and the engine seems of a higher quality then the usual clam shell Homelite/Poluan stuff, it has a bolt on jug. It is practically all plastic but has full metal crankcase witch encompassed the bar mount and bar studs. There is no cat but there is only a 5/16 hole on the face of the muffler. I drilled a couple more holes and removed the carb screws with a red electrical butt end connector and dremeled slots for a screw driver. I used it for about an hour today and was impressed - its a little screamer. I also put a VX non-saftey chain on it. Full spring anti-vibe as well. Not bad for a $120 bucks.

ryobi10532003eq4.jpg

ryobi10532004ai7.jpg

ryobi10532007pz3.jpg

AKA Red Max

I started that thread, did research and was convinced it was a GZ4000 clone. That saw goes for 270.00 on sale. I put a 16" b/c w/VX chain on it, really screams now. I saw them at my HD, $119.00 for a saw that will beat any saw they have there.

I am wondering how mods will affect the Strato system ,or vice-versa? It does 13,500 rpm stock, did the muffler mod gain you anything?

Ron

The plastics are almost certainly Chinese......and also the cylinder casting says Zenoah Japan......but not Made In so may be licensed production

The recoil is almost identical to the new Homelite and Mac stuff..I may pick on up myself tomorrow as the Poulan Pro strato I got is rather too defective to even begin to modify

The parts breakdown sheet says Homelite at the top? Everybody has their fingers in this one. Whatever, it runs like crazy, time will tell. Can't beat it for the price, color scheme could be better IMO. There is a link to parts schematic in the other thread.

I started that thread, did research and was convinced it was a GZ4000 clone. That saw goes for 270.00 on sale. I put a 16" b/c w/VX chain on it, really screams now. I saw them at my HD, $119.00 for a saw that will beat any saw they have there.

I am wondering how mods will affect the Strato system ,or vice-versa? It does 13,500 rpm stock, did the muffler mod gain you anything?

Ron

Was wondering that myself. What exactly did you do to the muffler? Did you see any gain??
Drew

I just drilled 2 more 5/16" holes for a total of three. There is an inner baffle that I contnued the 5/16 middle hole right thru and then two small holes from the other two. Put the screen back and the screen bracket. Wound up tuning the L screw out to 1 1/2 turns out and the H screw out a turn. I spent the afternoon ripping some 30" dia red and white oak rounds (20" long) to lighten up for the splitter. I figured that would either break it in or break it period. :chainsaw: The saw worked like a champ and didn't bog full in believe it or not. Its got alot of zing for its size and is feather light. This is a much better unit for a homeowner/occasional user than the Timberman/Wildthing stuff. The AV works very well to.:clap:

The plastics are almost certainly Chinese......and also the cylinder casting says Zenoah Japan......but not Made In so may be licensed production

Just a point - if I remember my import law correctly, it does not have to say "made in" in order to identify country of origin. The maker's name followed by country of origin would be sufficient to properly designate the country from which it came.

A quick search showed that Zenoah is definitely the maker of the RedMax saws, and I also found that they have a partnership in an assembly plant in China. So it is entirely likely that this is in fact the same saw as a RedMax, with the engine made in Japan but the furniture made and final assembly performed in China for a lower price point.

This would not be unheard of; my HF splitter is the same way - made in China with a Japanese Subaru engine.

Last edited:
Looks like a crisp assembly.

Very sure it's worth a buck and a 1/5th.

I took a challange from a good customer of mine to allways buy American, or more spificaly to stray from buying 'China' products.

Just curious what the equivalent saw would cost from Virginia Beach?

love mine.. best $119. i could have spent for a saw... + with 2yr warrenty and the thing screams......
cant wait...big test this weekend.. taken a bunch of oak trees down at a bud's place

Moondoggy, glad you like it. Have you tried a real chain on it yet? Put some VX on it and the chips will fly. If you can't find VX, I think VS is the other style. I think all the Oregon chain at HD is safety chain, they do have Power Care. I think that one is similar to VS, way better than VG. Try it, you will like it.

Also, full report due Monday! Thanx, Ron
:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back