Ice Storm pics - W. Mass/Berkshires

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JeffL

JeffL

ArboristSite Guru
Just a few I took on the way to and from the job this morning. Dont have time to comment them right now, but you get the idea.

Damage1.jpg

Damage2.jpg

Damage3.jpg

Damage4.jpg

Damage5.jpg

Damage6.jpg

Damage7.jpg

joedodge

joedodge

ArboristSite Lurker
JeffL, thanks for the pics. I was wondering what the west was looking like. We just got our electricity back today. Been out since 2 a.m. friday morning. We had mostly rain but a big pine snapped one house over and down came the lines. Hope all is well out your way. By the way I got to take my Homelite super xl12 with new sharp chain to that pine. A little pay back!!:chainsaw:

JohnH

JohnH

ArboristSite Operative
We went to Worcester to stars cleraing a pipe line and some places area total mess.In one area I was shearing stems because all the tops snaped out. Its going to be a PITA to chip.

lostcoastland

lostcoastland

ArboristSite Operative
Ice Storm

here's one from my freinds facebook, I just got home for christmas so i wasnt here but i heard it was beautiful and there was alot of noise of tree's snapping. this was kinderhook NY i belive

Last edited:
Thillmaine

Thillmaine

ArboristSite Operative
Verizon

We have a contract with Verizon as well. The ics storm kille dupstate new york, knocking out 200,000 peoples power. Been clearing trees of verizon cables for about 3 weeks know, 7 days a week. I thnk we are finally caught up, but it is a nightmare out there. Pics to come

Zackman1801

Zackman1801

ArboristSite Guru
it was very similar to that for a few days a couple weeks ago round here, i didnt see any trees down my way but there were mass power outages upstate further. Back in 98 was the worst ive ever seen we didnt have power for weeks, neither did anyone else in the state though.

smokechase II

smokechase II

Addicted to ArboristSite
Don't know where this is from

My wife got an email with a bunch of; "Oh yeah, our storm was worse than your storm" class of pics.

I'll stop complaining now.

(The second pic looks remotely like Charleston SC. Anybody have a guess?)

Last edited: