Took Down my Hickory Part II (PHOTOS and grapple load)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootermsp

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have the end result of my 3/22/09 felling of the 130 year old hickory. The end result was about 2 cords, maybe a little more. Also today got the best grapple load EVER!!!!! All Oak and Hickory, 22' long, all 8-10" diameter and not ONE crotch!!!!!! Awesome stuff! I won't need to split 75% of it:clap: enjoy the pics.

First picture is a repeat of tree getting cut, second is result stacked, last three are today's grapple load......I'll be out in the AM to lay WASTE to this pile...the saws are sharp, gassed, and oiled.:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

Last edited:
not bad.

guy down the street tells me he has two large trees he wants down. one a 50 foot black walnut, the other a same height ash. both can be dropped without a care in the world because they're in the woods.

told him i'll be there in a couple of weeks.

Nice load of wood you got there. If you don't mind me asking, what part of Massachusetts are you in? I am trying to get a grapple load from a couple different tree companies and no one has any, or if they do, they just won't part with it. I'm in Scituate and getting a little nervous that I will come up short for next season. Thanks.

Very nice grapple load. I can see by the tree you fell that you live near me. Ice storm central. I am north of Worcester. The town of Holden.

How much was your load of wood?
I had a load delivered for 1,000.00 But that was pre ice storm. I haven't asked how much lately.

Very nice grapple load. I can see by the tree you fell that you live near me. Ice storm central. I am north of Worcester. The town of Holden.

How much was your load of wood?
I had a load delivered for 1,000.00 But that was pre ice storm. I haven't asked how much lately.

I cut about 2 cords out of the load today...76F is too hot! The load was $800, all straight as an arrow...At least 9 cords so not a bad price but my logger is working 4 miles away so he gave me a deal.

Latest posts

Back