025 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Karlstad, MN---Where the earth meets the sky.
A friend brought over a 025 for me to look at and he told me it runs for about 10 minutes, then quits and won't start for a few hours. It starts and runs fine, but I have only had 5 minutes to run it. I noticed that there is no vent hose connected to the tank, so gas pukes all over.

I am thinking if it only does it after it gets hot, that it must be electrical--either plug or module. This saw has an autolite plug in it. Are they any good for saws? I use Bosch or NGK. This is the first Stihl I have ever looked at but I told my buddy I would give it a shot.

Where does the vent hose go? Over the carb and around to the mixture screw side? Also, does sthis saw have an adjustable oiler? It is not putting much out at all. If it does, where is the adjustment?

Any help you Stihl guys can give would be appreciated.

The oiler is not adjustable. if it uses about 1/2-3/4 tank of oil per tank of gas, it's fine.

The 025 vent connects to the nipple on the tank (left side) and consists of a short vent hose (2 inches or so) with two grub screws in it. If it's an MS250, the vent tube wraps over the carb and terminates on a vent secured to the carb grommet.

If the saw has no spark when it won't restart, it's the coil.

Last edited:
Back