028super WB /029 MS290 super cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone have one or the other ( used ) in good condition, no scoring etc...?Someone mention Tecomec earlier but i have not found one or know a site where to look. Any help is appreciated.

Doc

Here's a question along the same lines. Can the piston/cylinder of an 028 Super be used on a standard 028 (WB) for an increase in displacement?
Finnbear

You can use the 44mm piston and cylinder. The 42mm i am not too sure because of the stroke, wouldn't want the piston to hit the top of the cylinder. That would be BAD!!!!

Doc

Last edited:
How would a different diameter piston/cylinder cause the piston to hit the top of the cylinder? You'd have to change the crankshaft to alter the stroke. What I want to know is whether the big bore 028 Super piston/cylinder will bolt on to an 028WB crankcase.
Finnbear

The 028 super has a bump/rise on the top, the 44mm and the 42mm are flat tops. Not too sure if you can mount a 028 super piston/cylinder on a regular 028 although a 44mm setup which fits a regular 028 also fits the super so i would imagine it would work. How about it lakeside?

Doc

Finnbear said:
How would a different diameter piston/cylinder cause the piston to hit the top of the cylinder? You'd have to change the crankshaft to alter the stroke. What I want to know is whether the big bore 028 Super piston/cylinder will bolt on to an 028WB crankcase.
Finnbear
The stroke is the same but never tried bolting a super cylinder on a reg. 028. if you'v got one it should work if the bolt hole's line up.

Back