120 sach dolmar not super missing full throttle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenoser n.s

Reaction score
like to know how to set timing.saw seems to be missing at full throttle.has new coil wire&plug.mixed at 32/1.adjustment of high speed needle does not help.carb is clean.seen marks on coil plate&case of saw and lined them up.is this where timing is adjusted & how.any info on 120 would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, Blue Dolmar 120 chainsaw 3.7c.i. this saw was made with two different ignition systems the early ones were a bosch KDT and the newer ones are a S.E.M. unit the bosch systems had replaceable coil and trigger which are no longer available the entire unit can be swapped to the S.E.M. assy. which comes with a new flywheel the part # for the assy. is 119140210

scott

blue,
sorry to say that nothing can be done to fix your situation. the only thing left to do is give me the saw. i will pay the shipping. :)
compression is good?
fuel delivery is good? did you check the metering diaphram? carb.screen clean? air/fuel mixture settings are correct?
change the plug.
keep us posted. marty

Marty my right arm goes with the saw. As for the compression my left arm tells me it's very good. mixture must be good, 2 pulls to start and idle.Adjustment to high speed screw increases & decreases R.P.M at full throttle.Miss firing remains. Two new plugs tried both. Double check & triple check carb,all is super clean. Still need answers about whether timing is adjustable.coil plate has slotted holes for adjustment. Just wondering about timing procedure. All help appreciated..

Latest posts

Back