130' run is 1 inch pex adequate?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solution

So what is the solution then? 4 lines?

The best posible solution is to run 2 loops and pumps a 1" to your house and a seporate 1 1/2 or 2" to the pool.

Also be careful whe you choose you pool HX the common stainless steel one you see are far underrated and dont perform well.

Mark

The best posible solution is to run 2 loops and pumps a 1" to your house and a seporate 1 1/2 or 2" to the pool.

Also be careful whe you choose you pool HX the common stainless steel one you see are far underrated and dont perform well.

Mark

I have a bypass in my pool return line that I have used for solar hear. Maybe I should bypass the pool water to the boiler. I could could get good boiler flow right at the unit and pipe for pool water is cheap.

Might lose the heat I put into the water in the ground from the 1-1/2 inch pool pipe.

gg

solution

I have a bypass in my pool return line that I have used for solar hear. Maybe I should bypass the pool water to the boiler. I could could get good boiler flow right at the unit and pipe for pool water is cheap.

Might lose the heat I put into the water in the ground from the 1-1/2 inch pool pipe.

gg

I wouldnt recomend that just install a good tube and shell HX.

Mark

Yes,you want an oversized exchanger,as many times,the OWB temps are lagging between 150-170 degrees.Most are rated at 180 degrees.besides if your exchangers are bigger,you can run the OWB cooler,which will save a ton of wood,and give faster recovery times.

Check the ratings: Heil rates their coils down to 130 deg. 1 1/2 X sizing works good...DO YOUR HEAT LOSS FIRST!
1" PEX will flow 4-8 GPM, not counting fittings, etc.
At least you're using the ole noggin and piping it primary/secondary style.

Latest posts

Back