1st post- Problem w/ 032 AV- can't get it to start, tried lots of stuff and $$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reality is likely more "sinister", as this "new" guy knows what button
to push.......................

He was/is trolling for a "bite" from a Fish, and he got it.

Sorry, I fell for it..........

Who me? Sorry to upset you. I was just checking off the list. Shop had a carb kit, it seemed to run a little longer w/ the choke on, bam $15 spent!

Not trying to push any buttons. Go easy on the conspiracy theories. ;) Like I said earlier it had spark. Was it a good spark? Hell, I don't know...I don't know what a good spark looks like...never owned a stihl before. I have no idea how long this thing has sat, how long it has had crappy ethanol gas in it or how many rats pissed on the ignition. I'm just trying to get this $40 saw running good enough to go kill some trees and make some firewood for next year.

No newbie kick in the posterior.
I just wanted to cover the bases.
Sounds like ignition is being short circuited as you say.
Wrap it with some electricians tape put it together and test it.
Let us know how it turns out.
-br

Well, I gutted the points and condensor and wired up the Omega module that I picked up at NAPA.
What a difference in spark. Now it has a big blue spark.
I used a model airplane offset bellcrank for a bracket and mounted it like the one pictured in the other thread.
After a few pulls it started right up and idled down nicely. Couldn't mess with it too much b/c it was late and I would probably piss off the neighbors.
Thanks for the help!

PS: I edited my first post with the solution to make it easier for people searching

Last edited:
Who me? Sorry to upset you. I was just checking off the list. Shop had a carb kit, it seemed to run a little longer w/ the choke on, bam $15 spent!

Not trying to push any buttons. Go easy on the conspiracy theories. ;) Like I said earlier it had spark. Was it a good spark? Hell, I don't know...I don't know what a good spark looks like...never owned a stihl before. I have no idea how long this thing has sat, how long it has had crappy ethanol gas in it or how many rats pissed on the ignition. I'm just trying to get this $40 saw running good enough to go kill some trees and make some firewood for next year.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I can't understand why you and Fish are arguing. It's just an 032 and probably just good for Harry the home owner.
Listen to Fish, he's the mang when it comes to the older Stihls.
Gypo

Latest posts

Back