2 Superbowl rings... one careless cut.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugfart

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:cry: Ex Steeler Steve Corson died from felling a tree.
Happened today. Killed instantly. He was alone cutting trees with his two dogs when a tree felled before he thought it would.

Unfortunately, the emphasis was quickly turned to his fight against steroids, complete with football footage.

No mention of not working alone, no mention of testing trees for solidity, no mention of having two escape routes before every cut like you guys teach.

So after fighting his way off of the heart transplant list in the 90's through proper nutrition (hense the anti steroid campaign)... a lapse of judgement. Just got too close to what he was doing for a moment... player one - game over.

So hopefully his death doesn't get glazed over with Black-n-Gold everywhere like here in Pittsburgh, please remember the basics you teach me out there tomorrow.

Yes tree work is quite dangerous. Sorry to hear about the loss.

A friend/customer of mine has a few superbowl rings as well, but he was a coach, and a coach for the Eagles too I think. I do not follow footbal too much.....

Latest posts

Back