2009 Vermeer BC1000XL feed-wheel only feeds when holding reset button

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klimber27

Reaction score
Hello! I did a quick search but wasn't able to find anything relating to this;

Anyone who has experience with a ~'09 Vermeer BC1000XL, I just started having a problem (probably electrical / connector somewhere) where the feed-wheel will only feed when I press and hold the green reset button on the side(s).

If any of you have solved this problem and can tell me where to look, that'd be great! I already air-pressure blew under the control cover and checked most of the electrical connections; got a lot of debris out a but the problem persists. Any help much appreciated!

K Lim

that button over rides the bump bar on the end of the feed tray, correct?
your issue has to be between the feed motor and that bump bar, my best guess is the connector for the bump bar switch is disconnected or has shorted out, or the switch itself is bad/bump bar is stuck by debris or damage, is the bar popping back out completely?

Agree^^^

Is the yellow info light blinking? The yellow one in the center between the tail lights.

If so there are two bump bar micro switches that can cause this. The switch access panel is on the left side of the gate.

While monitoring the E-Stop LED, on the smart-feed controller behind the instrument panel, exercise the bar to be certain the switches are changing state.

Latest posts

Back