200T lanyard ring... does everyone trust em?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God of ArboristSite
Reaction score
200T lanyard ring... does everyone trust em?

sure looks pretty flimsy. so do you attach lanyard to stihl 200T's factory lanyard ring or to handle?

Yeah, totally trustworthy, will hold in there better than a politician a week after election.

I havent had one fail.

+1, I have an 020 & that ring has never failed me!! of course my non-locking snap has!! even though the saw has suffered maybe 3-4 falls its stihl running!!!!!

LXT...........

Last edited:
Never had or seen one fail and I've been around those saws for 5 years but I know what ya mean, they just look chinsy!

OK.. thanks,

just rerouted lanyard from handle to ring.

here's a pic of my latest bungee lanyard find for $1 at steve's whole tools, tulsa.

lanyard.JPG

lanyard2.JPG

No problems with the ring...
I've had a second hand 020t on a bungee lanyard (Buckingham) for four years, its been dropped, and yanked, along with the regular hanging by the lanyard... ring is just fine.

Boy, your lanyard really is bungee cord!!! I'd be a bit leery of it bouncing back if the saw gets yanked out of your hands as can sometimes happen when dropping a heavy limb with a step cut.

Last edited:
An easily broken lanyard is best so it doesn't try to drag you out of the tree in a case like that...

OK.. thanks,

just rerouted lanyard from handle to ring.

here's a pic of my latest bungee lanyard find for $1 at steve's whole tools, tulsa.

lanyard.JPG

lanyard2.JPG

*restraining self from asking if that is a genuine Briggs pull handle or an after market Briggs pull handle*

busted!!! it's a genuine briggs handle :D

a real stihl handle coming up..

*restraining self from asking if that is a genuine Briggs pull handle or an after market Briggs pull handle*

I use a chain screw link attached to the end of a bungee lanyard so I can disconnect it from the saw easily and not have the lanyard always on the saw.:)

Latest posts

Back