24" Electric

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think I have ever heard of one. To pull that kind of chain. It would have to be an extensive electric motor. Do you have access to hydrolic?

Well, I can appreciate your desire for an electric saw, although I would never own one myself. My mom has one and loves it. I bought her gas hedge trimmers and a chainsaw years ago and she never used them. I think Sears or someplace like that would be your best source. The electric ones are not very sturdy and Sears will deliver parts to your door when it breaks.

Yeah, but treeclimber there is no way they will have a 24inch electric saw. I have sold tons of chainsaws and never heard of one (out of the newer bunch). I know that stihl might have a saw. Actually try this one http://stihlusa.com/chainsaws/E-220Q.html It says only up to a 20 inch but I belive the bar mounting is the same as an MS390 and you can put a 24inch on it. Due understand its gonna be hard on it and with that bar on it they probably wont warranty anything. Just as some of the other stihl saws go, they under list what they will do so it will perform better under load. Thats the biggest electric saw I know of its 2.3 hp.

Sear makes the biggest electric chain saw now a 4 hp 18 inch bar it does a fantastic job I have 6 of them $99.00 each. Start and stop by pull of trigger quite. They will work with my ms180 for bucking logs

If anyone's still feeling peckish after that pile up on the blown seal thread:
Head on over to this place.
The usual misconceptions to be cleared up
and
You'll gonna realy be impressed with the homemade electric saw !!!

Just bear in mind the comments are NOT always safe for work on this site.
Their filters are ....VERY.... different from here.
http://hackaday (dot) com/2014/03/04/russian-man-builds-a-chainsaw-out-of-a-grinder/#comments
Just change the (dot) for a " . "
I figured it might be best to not create a direct link.

Back