266xp good candidate?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benennis

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Should I try to build this 266xp or just go ahead and go bigger?? I LOVE the saw but it needs some help. Looking for someone that I can ship this thing to and get it back in a reasonable time and that KNOWS Husqvarna and how to make them run. I know these guys are out there but Im in NC and cant find anyone around here to work on it. Im wonderin if I should just get this one back to stock and mod a 372xp or somethin of that sort. I just need somethin that can chew through a 2ft oak like a beaver on redbull and crack. we dont get much over 30" at the most around here so I think the 266 will be ok. Lets hear the thoughts please. for all I care id turn it into a full blown wood eatin machine, more power is always better right??

You could mod a 266xp to fit your needs but I would go with a modded 372xp.Have you run both saws together?If so the 266 will feel like your running a jackhammer,I know.I ran a 266 for a long time.

Get a 372 have it worked over by any of the guys on here.The 266 is a great saw,but it can't hold a candle to the 372! I would bet after you had the 372 you wouldn't pick the 266 up again for much. :laugh:

Thanks guys. Im lookin at a nice 2005 used 372 that has been taken care of and just been checked out for 500 with a newer bar. I cant find the brake band for the 266 so im gonna get it fixed up and let it be a back up saw. Its hurricane season and i dont wanna get caught unprepared. Anyone that messes with these saws please get up with me as i am definitely interested in gettin to run a little better if i get it. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back