32" bar on a Husq 372XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you ever get it ported, that 372 will pull a 36" bar with no trouble. Stock, I found a second exhaust port really helped my saw. Just make sure to riches it, if you do. I believe that there has,already been plenty of good comments on what chain setup to run.

muff mod and a gasket delete goes a long ways. My 372 was feeling under-powered with a 28 semi skip in hardwood. a muff mod and gasket delete allows me to run full comp in the same wood. the biggest issue after that is keeping oil on the bar.

That’s interesting never had an issue oiling a 32 with the Oiler wide open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s interesting never had an issue oiling a 32 with the Oiler wide open

it was the wood I was cutting at the time, some wood that just soaked up the oil even at max setting. it still put out enough for a 28" but if you jumped up to 32 or 36 I do not think you would have enough...could be wrong, but I like lots of oil then.

it was the wood I was cutting at the time, some wood that just soaked up the oil even at max setting. it still put out enough for a 28" but if you jumped up to 32 or 36 I do not think you would have enough...could be wrong, but I like lots of oil then.

With a 32 you get a slight mist off the tip, most of the time I’m cutting Doug Fir though.

I have ran 32", 28', 24" on my 372xp with no issues, but i'm like Skeans i'm cutting mostly stuff like fir and lodge poll in the PNW

You guys got me, I do not cut professionally just for firewood for myself and several elderly folk who live up on fuji and are getting to old to cut themselves... do oilers lose "pressure" as they age? mine at max setting with a 28" bar and chain that are both clean (bar groove cleaned,oiler holes clean) will spit out oil onto a plank. I just do not think its enough for anythinglarger bar wise. maybe if I ran a .58 or .63 chain it might carry more, but as above I use a .50

Ok i have been a husky/jred tech since 1985,please tell me how .050,.058 or .063 oil any more than the other its the same oil pump with the same output??? :dumb::givebeer:

Ok i have been a husky/jred tech since 1985,please tell me how .050,.058 or .063 oil any more than the other its the same oil pump with the same output??? :dumb::givebeer:

My guess, the saw is not putting out any more oil, but an .063 gauge has more room between the the drivers to carry the oil farther before losing it out of the groove, basically it's a bigger straw.
The narrower groove of an .050 holds less oil, and it works out of the groove faster, and thus is not carried as well/far down the bar.
It's not a matter of how much oil the saw is putting out, as it is a matter of the oil getting to where it is needed.

That is MY understanding any way, YMMV,

Doug :cheers:

My guess, the saw is not putting out any more oil, but an .063 gauge has more room between the the drivers to carry the oil farther before losing it out of the groove, basically it's a bigger straw.
The narrower groove of an .050 holds less oil, and it works out of the groove faster, and thus is not carried as well/far down the bar.
It's not a matter of how much oil the saw is putting out, as it is a matter of the oil getting to where it is needed.

yeah what Husky man said...thats my understanding as well...sorry if I did not explain it to your lofty technical expectations...what you think this is an engineering PHD course, or a friggin forum? pferdfiler? osunds like masturbation to me ;) (j/k)

:popcorn2::cheers:

Latest posts

Back