365 muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asb151

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
With all the talk of muffler mods I couldn't resist. After spending hours searching old posts and pictures I modded the muffler on my 365. I am very happy with it. I set the total opening to 85% of the exhaust port. It runs great (after a slight carb adjustment) and the power gain is definately noticable. I was worried about it being too loud. It sounds a little "rougher" but not much louder.

Since the 365 and 372 share the same muffler, I plan to do the same thing over again on the 372.

Thanks to AS and to all the people who have done this before and posted their results.

Last edited:
Cool. I used that elbow on my first muffler mod, but have since revised my mod. I just got done modding the muffler on my 365. After that, I swapped the jug and piston to a 372. I then opened up the muffler a little more. So far it runs great. I need to do my other 365, but I have some cylinder work going to be done on that one. I just got done installing a custom "pipe" muffler mod on my 55. It sounds mean and has a ton more low end.

Back