394 to 395 carb air filter question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott chandler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
394 to 395 conversion but with a new 395 carb and intake installed. Looks exactly like a 395 now and when trying to adjust carb low screw didn't make much difference in adjusting and saw wouldn't hum would run idle just wouldn't clear up. Vac test good new seals so while troubleshooting more - when i took air filter and top off it will scream and run fine - adjusted with filter off just wont run with air filter on. It's an after market filter and everything lines up as far as filter and intake. I have ordered an Oem filter to try but don't know that it will fix problem. Acts like it is starving for air and can't adjust it out. In beginning thought it was just extra oil i lubed everything up with but I've run it enough now that's it's cleared up. Not sure what to think - would changing over to high top style top and filter be better if new filter won't work ? Any suggestions or thoughts appreciated

Just an update for anybody that was following my post on the 394-395 and for anybody that buys the China air filter. I replaced the cheap filter with a high top filter and new cover and saw adjusted out and it screams. It cuts like no other saw I’ve ever held. For the fellas that helped in all the other post i appreciate it

Back