555 auto tune???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_376

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've been wanting a new saw for a while now. I've been saving my pennies and I want to spend it on the best saw I can afford. Anyone running one of these? How do you like it? Would you buy it again? How much did you pay/ what is a good price for one? Is there a better saw for the same price? I would like honest opinions not brand bashing. FYI I have 2 Stihl dealers and 2 Husky dealers with in 15 minutes and a Dolmar dealer about 30 minutes away.

A lot has been written about the 555 on here, and a lot positive has been said about it.

It is a lesser version of the 560xp/562xp.

A lot has been written about the 555 on here, and a lot positive has been said about it.

It is a lesser version of the 560xp/562xp.

Thanks ST, I did a search and couldn't find much I will try searching again.

It has gotten good reviews. I believe that AS member mweba posted a review with a video on it. Might want to look it up.

I liked the one I had. It gave me no problems in time I had it. I sold it to another member on here and he's happy with it. They run nice and weigh just a little bit more than a 346 with a lot better power band.

I almost bought one, but went with the 562xp. I'm a power junky. :D

I do like the fact that the 555 is lighter than the xp and uses the small bar mount.

Thumbs Up on the 555

I liked the one I had. It gave me no problems in time I had it. I sold it to another member on here and he's happy with it. They run nice and weigh just a little bit more than a 346 with a lot better power band.

I second this.

I have had mine for about a year, and it is one of my most used saws. It weighs slightly less than the more powerful 562XP, and can be outfitted with lighter bars due to the small mount. It is one of the best mid size saws out there, and gets you into a professionally built saw at a relatively low price. I use this more than my 346 now. Do a search to find more data than you can shake a stick at. Here's a fuzzy pic of mine when it was still clean...

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back