555 Husqvarna resurrection attempt.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moosemcnally

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 555 Husqvarna that was a trade-in at my local Saw Shop. It doesn't appear heavily-used at all I tore it down and cleaned it up. Tthe piston and jug do not appear scored at all. The thing is it only seems to have 30 lb of compression. What is your first quess on compression loss? The auto-tune has me at a loss for what I really can do to figure this thing out without the appropriate program? Any ideas?

I have a 555 Husqvarna that was a trade-in at my local Saw Shop. It doesn't appear heavily-used at all I tore it down and cleaned it up. Tthe piston and jug do not appear scored at all. The thing is it only seems to have 30 lb of compression. What is your first quess on compression loss? The auto-tune has me at a loss for what I really can do to figure this thing out without the appropriate program? Any ideas?
Need a little more info, :cool:

I disassembled the saw (did not split the case) Cleaned and inspected the entire jug and piston and saw nothing at as far as scoring. I may have to take it apart and again to check the ring can't remember if I checked that. I figured I had to sort out compression before I worried about the carb. Thanks for the input.

If that cylinder is as you say, 30 LBS compression doesn't right at all, even if the ring is stuck.
How much confidence do you have in your compression gauge?
Are you holding the throttle wide open and pulling it fast enough?

I had a jug in a t540 be so warped at the top of the stroke that it would only hold 80 lbs.. if you have a bore gauge that small ide measure the difference from top to bottom. I ended up getting a new jug and piston. And btw... the t540 is also an auto tune saw.

Back