562XP Fuel Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheShopForestry

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm currently beating my head against a wall with a 562xp that won't pull fuel from the tank through the carb. So far I have pressure and vacuum tested the entire fuel system (all hoses and the primer) and everything there is working and holding pressure/pumping as it should and the filter is good as well. The carb diaphragms seem to be brand new and the carb holds 7 psi of pressure without leaking down. Yet I'm still leaning towards there being a hole in a diaphragm somewhere but wanted to see what some of you guys think about this issue. P.S. Saw has 135 psi of compression and crankcase is airtight with new crank seals. Also looks like the carb was updated at some point since the saw is a 2012 model that originally had an el44 but now has a 140055A.

I’m no chainsaw mechanic, but…have you checked if the fuel line is pinched? I can recall at least one Husky owner who recently had to snip their fuel line just a bit shorter to prevent kinking at the very end of the hose.

As JD asks, does the primer bulb pull fuel to the carb properly? I think you say it does but can you confirm?

If so, with a dry carb and no primer bulb usage, will the pump side of the carb fill when you attempt to start it? If not, then yes, the pump diaphragm and/or the impulse line path may have issues.

Latest posts

Back