562xp Start Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

payj

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently had a chance to cut with my 562. A rainstorm took a small to medium (12") main branch along with mutiple 6" attached to the main branch down. So I went out and started cutting it up. I then went inside after getting the fallen branch off the main road as it was pouring rain

Went back out today to finish up. My saw would not start easily. When I did get it going it was running very rich, lots of smoke coming out. And if I touched the throttle it died...I waited 10 mins and tried again, It fired up running rich, but I wot it and seemed to get better. When I let off the throttle it ran idled fine and I could use the throttle anyway I wanted. I stopped it, started it again after 10 mins of light use and it was fine...I just dont understand why it was running so rough? You could here then engine running rough at half throttle it wasnt until I went wot for a few secs before it ran smooth and stopped smoking. Thoughts?

Fuel used: husky 95 octane premix

Side note: Saw went in to receive all the new 2013 parts from there service bulletin. The dealer then proceeded to do the 3 to 5 min break in for me.

Thanks

Sent From A Spaceship On Cloud 9

Is it a new saw? If so it can stumble at first until the autotune adjusts the carb. You'll need to run it for a couple of minutes in some bigger wood so the carb can "learn".

Sorry, I just saw your side note. Maybe your saw just needs some run time. Did the dealer run your saw on the premix?

Last edited:
When I first purchsed the saw I noticed they filled it with echo premix. Did they use that this time idk?

Sent From A Spaceship On Cloud 9

Back