-6 and hauling some wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatra805

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After christmas woodhauling, nothing special just showing off.

Life can be good. While everybody is hiding next to their heating i went for some wood in the nearby village.

All alone on the slope loading what was cut last summer. 3 loads of black walnut and another 3 to go with other trees.

Kind of regret cutting the walnut tree up in firewood, but had no other possibility that moment. It really is one of the visually nicest wood i know of.
Splitting is also a pleasure and each split reveals a new grain-spectacle.

Tractor had no problem with the haul. But the tyres of the trailer were looking flat on paved road. I drove to the compressor after unloading and found out i had 2.5bar in. ??? guess that walnut is quite dense.

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

:cheers:

Seems to me , Walnut holds a lot of water for a long time. I had some I thought was going to be ready after a full year and it was still to green last winter. It's at the very bottom and back of the stack so I wont know if it is ready til late March. I'm hoping I don't have to burn it. I found out last year it irritates my sinuses something awful.

You know you got 'er loaded when the tires start to squat.

Six below celsius or farenheight?

Supposed to be down to 12ºF New Year's Eve and 26º New Year's Day...

Which is really, really good since I have a three day supply of wood left between my house and deck...it was 65ºF on Sunday when I wanted to bring a few more weeks supply up. I would've sank up to my axles in mud.

Tatra,

Good to see you and that new Tractor are getting along well and having fun.

I wish we had that kind of Walnut around here. It dries slow, but makes for a good fire and I enjoy the smell burning or dry.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

its the little things in life that ya value the most sometimes, I love getting up early and hitting the woodlot.

its the little things in life that ya value the most sometimes, I love getting up early and hitting the woodlot.

says the man with the signature:

660,460, 7900, multiple 090`s

Made me smile :D

but you are completely right

Oh, and that was -6 celcius. If it would have been farhenheit i would also have been laying next to my Jotul. ;)

Back