660 jug not sealing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fox7190

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I installed a big bore kit on my 660 and it would not seal at the base under the muffler. I had to clearence the case because the piston was hitting. Bailey's customer service is "EXCELLENT"! They said that I ended up with the wrong piston and they are sending me a new one. When I pulled the jug back off I noticed the rod spun around and hit the case when I was blowing it off which put a dimple in the case where the jug seals. It is just enough to not seal. Is there any filler or silicone that I can use to seal it up. I also noticed that the piston was hitting the squish area of the jug and left a ring in the top of the piston. What would cause this. The big bore kit was put on with the thin metal gasket and it still hit. Any info would be great. Thank You!

No help to the OG, but in production of something like a saw in this matter you have specs of, the case, rod, pin, piston, jug, bearings, and crank. When the manufacturer gets it wrong they pull it at the plant hopefully but not always.:msp_ohmy: But with all those components tolerances are huge that is why with most saws the squish can be lowered, optimum of every saw should be what around (.020) but most come way higher because the manufacturer plays it safe. But to hit every piece in mass production they would have to be perfect to .001 of an inch every time. Aftermarket shoots for the mean, if your saw is on the high end of spec. poor performance. If you are on the low end, crash.

Im babbling I make ammo. I deal in .0001.

Back