660 same wood w/ 20 24 28 32 36" also 461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after thinking about it a little...

First step would be to take the unlimited coil off my 660 and put it on the 461 and see where the rpm's would fall.

My honest guess based on running the saw etc etc etc - is that I'd be right around max rpm. Thus taking off the limiters to adjust the H richer would be most likely be a drag on performance.

bottom line for me - I think we're splitting hairs here on the 461.
I respect your idea, and it is your saw, but IMHO, if you don't find the sweet spot now, why go looking for it with different parts ?
We might be splitting hairs, or we could be getting you some more power to both of your saws ...............
The fix is to pull the limiters and find out, at no cost to you. It would be something that's quick to do, and worse case scenario is that your saw performs its best at the limit of the H screw .................

I respect your idea, and it is your saw, but IMHO, if you don't find the sweet spot now, why go looking for it with different parts ?
We might be splitting hairs, or we could be getting you some more power to both of your saws ...............
The fix is to pull the limiters and find out, at no cost to you. It would be something that's quick to do, and worse case scenario is that your saw performs its best at the limit of the H screw .................
Looking at my 461, it appears a lot has to be taken apart to get to the carb. What is the quick way to do it? Or is it easier than it looks?

Looking at my 461, it appears a lot has to be taken apart to get to the carb. What is the quick way to do it? Or is it easier than it looks?
I usually run a sheetrock screw through the limiter at the adjustment hole and yank them out

Latest posts

Back