A little millin'....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pictures from today's work.

Sized down another sweetgum for the bandmill.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Started on another pecan.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More pics...

attachment.php

I didn't get any action shots but this is the last slab we took from the log we were working on yesterday.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Yep- some may argue with me but bar oil is bar oil IMO. I buy the cheapest I can find and let it flow wide open.

I've got 3 gallons of the stuff for the aux oiler. I was buying it because it was thinner than regular bar oil, but have found lately that it has been very inconsistent over the past couple of years. Not worrying about it, it goes in the aux oiler, although I wouldn't lose any sleep putting it in the saws.

Good work, Aggie. I'm jealous.

Mark

I've got 3 gallons of the stuff for the aux oiler. I was buying it because it was thinner than regular bar oil, but have found lately that it has been very inconsistent over the past couple of years. Not worrying about it, it goes in the aux oiler, although I wouldn't lose any sleep putting it in the saws.

Good work, Aggie. I'm jealous.

Mark

Thanks.

I buy the cheap 5w-30 from Walmart for the auxiliary oiler. I like how it flows more readily than bar oil and the additional volume seems to keep the bar tip cooler.

With those logs up on the butts like that, it looks like a tree grave yard.

Next on the History Channel, Where trees go to die....

You have more lumber tied up in stickers than most people need to build a house! Plenty of air circulation there! But I am guessing you have them that way to be able to use the forks to move them around.

Are you kiln drying the strutural wood you are cutting or just using it air dried?

With those logs up on the butts like that, it looks like a tree grave yard.

Next on the History Channel, Where trees go to die....

You have more lumber tied up in stickers than most people need to build a house! Plenty of air circulation there! But I am guessing you have them that way to be able to use the forks to move them around.

Are you kiln drying the strutural wood you are cutting or just using it air dried?

Those are for a couple of reasons. They are free (shipping timbers from work), they give plenty of room for the fork lift and they have the spine needed to keep the slabs flat. When I get around to bolting this stack together I'll post a pic so you can see exactly how I use them.

This structural lumber will be air dried... in place on the barn.:)

Latest posts

Back