Ac guru needed for owb hookup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen2504

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need help finishing my heating system. I'm trying to get the heat setup correctly because right now all I have is the owb as heat. I have a Honeywell 9000 wifi T stat, hardy heater set as my first stage of heat, I have an lp furnace as the second stage but I can't keep it from coming on as soon as the first stage comes on. Hopefully someone has a similar setup that can help me figure it out. Most ac guys around here have never messed with a owb.

I'd like to be able to operate the ac, owb, and propane off the same T stat. I'd like the owb as the 1st stage as primary heat and the 2nd stage to be lp and only come on as emergency heat if the owb runs out of wood or has a problem during the middle of the night(come on about 30 minutes of no increase in temperature from stage 1).
Any help is greatly appreciated.

In the installer configuration of the t-stat you should be able to set the dead band between stage 1 and stage 2 heat. If you set this for two degrees the second stage heat will not come on until the space temp is two degrees below set point. If memory serves me correctly this dead band is adjustable from 1 to 3 degrees right now it's probably set up to let the tstat decide how to stage the heat but if you adjust the dead band it over rides that function. The only other way to do it is wire the lp furnace to the emergency heat terminal but it won't come on automatically it would have to be turned on manually at the t-stat. Check the tstat manuals for the dead band adjustments honeywell has a lot of tstats with a lot of different options and options can even very within the same series of tstat but with the proper tstat what I wrote above can be done because thats how mine is set up and my tstat is very similar to the 9000

Back