Accornymesisis

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTreeSpyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Sooooo

On the Accronyms,
If we had a chart, for standard internet chat, and climber's chat, what would be on it?

Climber's Specialty:
DDRT = Doubled Rope Technique
Ddrt = Doubled Rope Technique
DRT = Doubled Rope Technique

DWT = Double Whip Tackle

SRT = Single Rope Technique

OA = Overhead (Support) Anchor -?

Standard Internet:
BTW = By the Way
IMHO = IN My Humble Opinion
or maybe one i caught on here (ala' Newfie TC165) and might start to ab-use:
IMAO
LMAO = Laughin my butt off (ok that isn't much for me!)
ROF = Rolling On Floor (LMAO....)
CRS = i forgot
FUBAR=Really messed up beyond all reasonable recognition/ repair!
GR8 = Great
RTFM=Read The Freakin'Manual
ne1 =anyone
yw=your welcom
C Ya=see ya
iri = in real life
tnx = thanks
TYM = Tnx you mucho
OMG=o my gosh
lol = laughing out loud
GMTA =Great Minds Think Alike
L8R G8R= Later Gator (Florida!)
FYI = For Your Info
G = Grins
FTR =For the record
CUL8R =See ya later

Got to be more, especially specialty ones to agree on, for increased understanding, imagery and brevity.

But for FIGMO; ya probably better ask JP!:eek:, he's probably about to tell me to ESAL!

DdRT is the progression of DRT that was coined when SRT became the rage.

FL-foot lock

The Z - is the ANSI Z-133 safety standards

tip - Tie in point

MTip - mechanical tie in point
or
fc/tip - falce crotch tie in point

----I object to the falce crotch, it infers cutting into the trunk----

Last edited:
My buddy got a call this morning as we were packing up on a job.

Lady is asking why his people cut her tree down? they never agreed on anything and it was suposed to be a trim.

Turned out a landscapers crew of Amigos were out there working on the wrong property....

"THose aint my peopel! their all with me here!"

OK
So far.................

Climber's Specialty Acronyms:

CL -Control Line
DBH Diameter @ Breast Height
DDRT = Doubled Rope Technique
DRT = Doubled Rope Technique
DNA - National Dyslexic Association
DWT = Double Whip Tackle
DZ- drop zone
FC/TIP - false crotch tie in point ----I object to the false crotch, it infers cutting into the trunk -JP
FL-foot lock
kV - 1,000 volts (that's 1000 killer volts!)
KZ - Kill Zone
LZ- lowering zone
LL -Load Line
MA-Mechanical Advantage
MTip - mechanical tie in point
OA = Overhead (Support) Anchor
SRT = Single Rope Technique
TIP - Tie in point
Z - is the ANSI Z-133 safety standards

Any additions or objections would be appreciated and spread around!

Accorny

Most of that stuff was covered in The Hackers Handbook, in one of the many editions in the late 80's and early 90's. For those of you who still can't figure out if the costomer can pay or not or you just want to find out a bit more, www.technosearch.com/naked/directory.htm, it helps to know how to do research or where to get help with research.

Hey spidy
I was discussing your tree ebonics with the arborist in residence
Mike Oxman.

<snip> (Personal attack - jps)

John Kakouris
wc isa
certified arborist #379
Medford OR.

Last edited by a moderator:
This does seem to be the season to travel. FYI, this extended road trip has carried over into 2003 (omigosh, already?). Luckily, there is work growing on trees wherever I go. Storm damage in Ashland, OR has caused a pause in this writers trevails.

Stationary computers await the itinerant arborist at every turn. This respite has a nice HP laptop with unlimited internet time. The locals are astounded at the exchange of ideas in the online community that is revealed to them when their machine is directed to our (their) arborist site. Then, when I hop in the shower, all are regaled with erudite remarks borne on the logged on account- holders name. Just a bit of background, fr'ya.

Soooooooo, Oxman, does that mean you agree or disagree with JK's remarks? I, for one, find Spidey's remarks fascinating simply because he can write so many words without saying anything.

Well basically i just feel called on to distract those that would prey on others. So perhaps that is the sense of purpose i have felt here. So maybe someone could be fair to Mr. 379 and let him no that being rude to me personally is not the way to get me to shut my big mouth, for i actually get more disenchanted at similar stuff about others.

i'm sorry that my recent threads like this common abbrev. table, physics of rigging, asking politely and inviting actives back after the recent disagreemeants; just as we flow to a new year are found as out of place by some, as even is my sig-nature( that perhaps fewer wonder about now), the beat it tries to maintain, supporting the sponsor, supporting (im)moderators, backing others etc., ad nauseum you find to be out of place in a shared realm.

Sorry, but i got more tree **** to think about now.:alien:

Last edited:
Whoaaa!!

Here is my first censored post, and I didn't even write it! Gosh darn, wanting to start a fight is one of my goals. Tree climbin's my game, and rabble rouser's my name.

I did not recall the censors in Brave New World notifying their subjects of either the occurance or the category of the deleted material. We must rate here.

I feel that the content expressed by the Arboreal Arachnid should be rated on each statements' merits. I wouldn't mind a few more carriage returns, however, as I have a limited slip attention span. A little white space never hurt.

Not fair!

Hey, how come my personal attack was not deleted? Get with the program, man.

Back