Acucraft inserts??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishcountry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Thought i'd start a new thread on this one. Anyone heard of or has used a acucraft insert the biggest one says it will heat like 4000 sq. ft. and has a hot water loop that can be put in for hot water (water heater, infloor loops ect.) the price seems pretty reasonable if it works as good as it claims. Any info??

Last edited:
No hitters?? Ok let me ask this has anyone ever installed a hot water coil in their wood stove and heated more than just a portion of their domestic hot water?? I know there is a book I can get from lehmans.com that is supposed to show how to connect it (like the amish and mennonites do) and not have any dangerous issues but I was wondering if it is actually being done by anyone (safetly!!) Ok its Sun so I'll patiently wait to see if anyone responds. Thanks irishcountry

I looked up the website and was surprised to see the fireplace my folks used in their home. Theirs looks to be the same design as the 40 series.

They are 70 miles away so I can't easily go look at it. But if it was in my house I wouldnt be satisfied with it. For the looks , it's great ! for heat ? forget it . They burned good White Oak and went though more than 4X what I use in Hackberry for the winter. They couldnt feed it enough wood to keep the house comfortable in any room except the living room. They woud have been better served with a wood fired furnace in the basement tied into the central heat.

If looks is all that matters then it was Mawvelous.

Acucraft Fireplaces

Acucraft manufactures high tech wood burning fireplaces and inserts. The wood burning fireplaces are designed to efficiently heat your air and your water, with our water loop option.

KsWoodsMan, I am surprised to hear your parents fireplace uses a lot of wood without producing a lot of heat. We are located in MN and you mention we are 70 miles from you and you look to be in Kansas, could you be thinking of a different company?? We have spent 30 + years researching and innovating fireplaces focusing on maximizing BTU's per pound of wood with a great finished look.
Please have your parents contact me directly, Chris at 763.263.3156, to discuss fireplace calibration techniques to improve their fireplace performance.

Below is a link to a blog article I wrote sharing wood burning techniques on Acucraft Fireplaces

Acucraft Fireplaces: Maximizing Wood Burning Fireplace Performance

Happy Burning,

Chris Maxson
President
Acucraft Fireplaces
Custom fireplaces | see through fireplaces | wood burning fireplaces
[email protected]

" warming homes and hearts for over 30 years"

Latest posts

Back