Air bleed on closed loop sysem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gomer1

Reaction score
Sometimes my airbleed will leak water It is on a closed loop system on an indoor boiler usually when I start it up but sometime randomly water will very slowly dribble out of the air bleed , it comes out the top of my boiler, why is water coming out of the air bleed, Is there anything I can do to prevent it. My pressure is usally low when burnind arouns 10- 15 lbs, 0 pressure when cold
any ideas

If it is a screw in, replace it. The cork float gets water-logged and allows water to seep or even stream out of the vent. I had one fail this way and it dribbled down on the control box of the boiler (it is an oil fired Burnham) and it shorted it out on a 20 degree day. House got rather cold before I could get it replaced and refired. Thus, I now burn wood, have the boiler in reserve and also a heat pump in reserve. Trying not to get cold again.

Thanks

Thanks for the help, It is a screw in I think it has a small red cap that looks like a cap for a tire valve

Back