All Good Things Come to an End..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iska3

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I finally let the OWB burn down last night. Today will be the last day with free hot water. With tears in eyes, I took the long trip to the basement and lit the water heater. The free ride is over..

Thanks to the great advice from the many on this site and especially from MNguns, I kept my house toasty warm all winter. I started our OWB the first week of November with one match and kept it going all this time. Total wood burned 6 cords. Total LP used - 18 gal for cooking. It pays to burn well seasoned wood.

Would I purchase a Central Boiler again?? You Betcha!!

Hope Everyone has an Enjoyable and Safe Holiday..

Don't worry....winter is just three short months away....:cheers:

Glad I could be of service...:)

We were up last week cutting trails and burning brush piles to keep the woods clean. Most of the brush is from last fall. As a rule, we leave the piles over winter for the wildlife. Kind'a funny how the Oak wouldn't burn until it got real hot and even then only half burned while the Maple and Ash piles took right off. I guess there is a lot to say about burning well seasoned wood. (even if it's brush piles) Lesson well learned.

Latest posts

Back