Along with the small log mill thread....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What saws/bar lengths/CSM's are you guys using?

I did just order a 36" granberg Alaskan III..and I have an MS 290 (yes..i know not enough saw)..I'll play with it on some small stuff for a bit...but I should
have a bit of money coming in to buy a larger saw...

Woodbutcher and aggiewoodbutcher..it's all yer fault..my wife saw those nice big slabs you guys are making...now I'm stuck..:hmm3grin2orange:

damn.

Aggie,

I hope you are aware that your sig pic and other pics you post here are condeming many normal sane people to an endless life of sawdust, bar length envy and wood grain shadow chasing!

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got another one!!!:D

:cheers:

0h I was there...but now I'm stuck...I guess as soon as I sell my old truck, Pick up a big saw...preferably something in the overkill range...but I'll take what I can get...

I'm gonna play with some small stuff for a bit yet...there is a sweet gum in the front of our new house that has been condemned for the heinous act of
dropping those #$%^ing gum balls all over....'sides it's an ugly tree...has a nice straight trunk though...

0h I was there...but now I'm stuck...I guess as soon as I sell my old truck, Pick up a big saw...preferably something in the overkill range...but I'll take what I can get...

I'm gonna play with some small stuff for a bit yet...there is a sweet gum in the front of our new house that has been condemned for the heinous act of
dropping those #$%^ing gum balls all over....'sides it's an ugly tree...has a nice straight trunk though...

I have a stack of sweetgum logs waiting on the mill. The heartwood is very similar walnut but the sapwood looks like maple. Quite interesting.

Aggie,

I hope you are aware that your sig pic and other pics you post here are condeming many normal sane people to an endless life of sawdust, bar length envy and wood grain shadow chasing!

Yes! It's all part of my insidious plot to turn the earth's population into wood junkies!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

First that baby chainsaw
just for fire-wood
Then you see that fine wood grain
Lookin mighty good

Working on a bigger log
You notice it even more
Than that crummy timber in the yard
At your local store

I gotta get a mill love
could save lots of money
free furniture - just think of that
No, I'm not being funny!

By then the bug has struck
Like we know it should
Now you start scheming and working
on slabbing bigger wood.

Join the forum, lurk awhile
Then you chew the fat
pickin brains across the world
of course this's where its at

Bigger blade required my love
If you want that table
Bigger saw and fancier chain
Never mind if I'm not able

Looking further for more logs
All farmers you befriend
Holidays, staring at trees
Just where does it end?

Add more verses if you like.

My wife just admitted to being a tree worshipper.....guess she knows good wood...

no confirmation e-mail from Granberg...hope my mill is on the way..

I have tenatively identified some blowdown cedar and one HUGE oak...maybe I'll hit them up this winter....

gonna need more saw for that oak tho.....:greenchainsaw:

My wife just admitted to being a tree worshipper.....guess she knows good wood...

no confirmation e-mail from Granberg...hope my mill is on the way..

I have tenatively identified some blowdown cedar and one HUGE oak...maybe I'll hit them up this winter....

gonna need more saw for that oak tho.....:greenchainsaw:

:rockn: That's for sure....:biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back