ANSI A300 Part 6 Transplanting Public Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan F

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This came in my inbox, thought I should pass it along. The pdf file is about 83k, so it's somewhat large.

Dan
---------------------
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 12:29 PM
Subject: ANSI A300 Part 6 Transplanting Public Review

Greetings:

Part 6 will be in a public review from January 9 through February 23, 2004. If no substantial changes are made, the draft will be approved by the ASC A300 during the spring meeting.

Thank you,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob Rouse
Director of Accreditation
TCIA, the Tree Care Industry Association...
"The Voice of the Tree Care Industry" www.treecareindustry.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Email: [email protected]
Ph: 603-314-5380
Fx: 603-314-5386
3 Perimeter Rd, Unit 1
Manchester, NH 03103

Thanks Dan,

A few thoughts-

63.5.7.2.8 - Amen! There are far too many trees dying from deeply buried organic materials, whether they are killed by kindness, ignorance, or the reliance upon manufactured soils.

62.20 - Might read: "Lifting chain, certified - an overhead lift certified chain for a rated load capacity, Grade 80 alloy only."

(IMHO, if operators grumble about the price of grade 80, and still want to lift heavy things over people and property, then they have no business doing so in the first place.)

63.5.3.7.2 - Might read something like "Drum lacing of rootballs over one ton (approx 60" Ø) should be laced with 5-ply sisal twine or doubled 3-ply twine. Twine spacing of drum lacing on sides of ball should not exceed 8".

I'm not the one to tell.:D But thanks for posting the suggestions. I think the contact that I included is who the comments were supposed to go to.

Dan

Back