anti-vibe gloves great for splitting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwiley

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This may be more interesting to the over 40 crowd (count me in) but I have discovered that the Youngstown anti-vibe gloves make a really big difference when splitting firewood with an axe/maul/sledge.

I bought these:

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=33200+SM&catID=9780

They really reduce the fatigue from a long session of splitting. My hands and arms feel a lot better after a session wearing these instead of my $7 leather drivers gloves. The gel in the palms absorbs a lot of the impact.

One thing though, at $22 a pair I don't use them to handle the wood, although these look pretty tough I let the splits pile up then change gloves to sling the splits around.

yea i love mine i have a pair of the stihl gloves ive been doing some construction at night helping a buddy of mine who got it subcontracted to him running a makita jackhammer for 6 hours they make the world of difference compared to the pain i had the day before in my hands when we were done.

love the dang things ive gotta get a new pair soon tho the stihl gloves are pretty cheaply made

The youngstown ones do not have any kevlar so I am not going to use them with the saw - that would be the perfect combo though, anti-vibe + kevlar

Back