Any ol' yarder hands help!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dooby

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My son and I own a Skylead M35 yarder. It has an Igland-Jones 8000 Series dual drum winch for the haulback-mainline. We are looking for spare parts for it and the master cylinders. Great lil' tower. There used to be shop manuals available for it-cant find any. Any help or how too's would be a great help. thanks

i ain't no help to ya there, you looking for them older west coast guys for this.
Yup-a guy from Norway on another forum may be able to help out. Koller controls may work also. We got the schematics on e-mail today.Iit is way past my sons and my pay-grade to tackle the whole rebuild.The winch is on its way to Canada to the shop it came from but parts are scarce. The modern winch is a 16000 series with water brakes, which wont fit in the yarder we have. It pulled like the dickens when we got it out here from the coast. the previous owner used DOT 3 brake fluid instead of the synthetic that should have been used. All the seals are ate up. learning curve on this purchase has been BIG !

There are a few shops on the West Coast that rebuild yarders. I don't know if they've done any smaller yarders from Europe but they'd take a Koller and turn it into a mini Skagit in nothing flat! I dinked with a Koller that sounds like it had the same kind of conrol possibly, it was definitely interesting.

Good luck!

thanks to a fella in Norway - he is sending us the contact info for a manufacturer there. I guess that winch is still in wide use there. Don't know yet if we are fortunate or un- but we are surely in the position to fix what we have at this time. Saving up for slack kickin' carriage and fixing a slide boom all have to way into this rebuild. Automotive parts don't work for this yarder-at least not from what we have found. If this winch rebuild pulls off we will have a totally rebuilt yarder :) !

Back