Anybody have any tips on porting my 660?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How far do you want to go?

How mechanical are you?

From what I've worked out so far the best results would be give the saw to Randy or Brad or one of the other highly talented people on here and get it professionally woods ported, definitely worthwhile and not something you'll regret.

Easiest DIY is de-restricting and opening up the muffler then a re-tune and this is also part of a woods port.

As i understand it but I've only started learning, basic porting is opening and optimising the airflow through the engine but gets more and more technical and easy to go wrong. I believe most of the basics are same saw to saw but there are differences.
I'm still looking for a project saw for practice as there's no way I'm doing anything beyond a muffler mod on a daily working saw,
not yet :)

There's a lot to take into account for the best results.

If the search function doesn't show exactly what you're looking for, go through google, it works for me and you can go direct to the page containing the specific words you're after.

660 needs machine work to really get big gains. The exhaust is too high to start with and cutting the squish band and then the base to get the exhaust back down to a good number for torque.

Latest posts

Back