Anyone dealt with Iowa Farm Equipment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
What are you attaching it to? Does it need to be made to be removable, like a quick attach system?
tractor FEL, Euro hitch, yes removable as there are times I need different implements on the FEL than the forks. the thing is, these forks are a combo of adjustable pallet forks and log grab and whilst some argue that just leads to compromises, I'm happy to do that. My tractor can only lift about 2200# anyway so I was thinking the 2200# or perhaps more suitably the 3500# forks would suffice and this particular design doesn't weigh much but is still strong where it needs to be.

KiwiBro

KiwiBro

At what point would you guys consider this theft?

Too many promises and not enough action on this "full refund". Nothing has been refunded yet, they keep dragging this out.

When would you be going to the police and who do you suggest I contact to escalate this to a criminal matter?

What would you guys be doing?

Guswhit

Guswhit

ArboristSite Guru
Sorry to hear you are still dealing with this issue. If I had any sound advice I would offer it. Maybe search out the states attorney's office in the county they are located in and give them your story and see if they could make a call on your behalf, although they work for the citizens of the county and not someone out side, so I don't know, but it might be worth a call.

cantoo

cantoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Come on guys there has to be someone close enough to this Dealer to stop in and give them a heads up. Time to step up, you don't have to burn the place down just let them know there is a problem.
KiwiBro, the very least I would do is email Iowa farm this thread and suggest that there are 95,556 members of this site that are waiting to see what they are planning to do.

KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Sorry to hear you are still dealing with this issue. If I had any sound advice I would offer it. Maybe search out the states attorney's office in the county they are located in and give them your story and see if they could make a call on your behalf, although they work for the citizens of the county and not someone out side, so I don't know, but it might be worth a call.

thank you. The latest I have, having called them today, is they are processing the refund today and will be emailing the bank confirmation so I can trace it.

In the context of this fiasco and the delays and shear disrespect towards me, I'm not holding my breath. NZ is not exactly the technological capital of the world yet it only take me 5 mins to make a wire transfer online. I've spent hours, made too many calls to remember, have 30 emails messages in my IFE folder in my email client, have dealt with four email addresses and three different people at IFE over this, paid in December and have been hung out to twist in the wind.

Someone might experience an easy and happy transaction with these guys, but when they have the capacity to treat people like I have been treated, it's not worth rolling the dice. Not at any price.

Last edited:
KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Come on guys there has to be someone close enough to this Dealer to stop in and give them a heads up. Time to step up, you don't have to burn the place down just let them know there is a problem.
KiwiBro, the very least I would do is email Iowa farm this thread and suggest that there are 95,556 members of this site that are waiting to see what they are planning to do.
thought about, but eventually they'll be made aware of this, and in the meantime, if I can warn people, that's fine by me. I seriously thought of not writing half the things I have on this thread, for fear that if they did find it, I'd have even less chance of getting a refund. But I'm not one to shut up for the $.

And yes some Iowans (?) have offered to help but it seemed like it's in the too hard basket. I really wanted someone to charge in there and read them the riot act for me - a physical presence might have put them on notice their performance is unacceptable, and to perhaps get a refund cheque off them in person, but again, that ended up in the too hard basket it seems, so I have had to try to get a wire refund. Such refunds can get lost or end up in wrong accounts and can't be traced, etc, and then there are more headaches, but I didn't feel I had any other option.

kyle1!

kyle1!

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I'll step up even though it will take an afternoon to drive over there and back. Get them to cut you a check or if they want to wire the money to a US account instead of NZ I can help there as well. Just have to buy a few new saws first :clap::msp_thumbup: I think alot of us are hesitant due to the fact If I am the business owner I'm not going to give a hugh chunk of change to some stranger who walks off the street claiming he is working for the kiwibro. Any lawyers on this site? A couple of fancy overhead letters with the word "sue" all over it might be helpful as well.

Brian

KiwiBro

KiwiBro

I'll step up even though it will take an afternoon to drive over there and back. Get them to cut you a check or if they want to wire the money to a US account instead of NZ I can help there as well. Just have to buy a few new saws first :clap::msp_thumbup: I think alot of us are hesitant due to the fact If I am the business owner I'm not going to give a hugh chunk of change to some stranger who walks off the street claiming he is working for the kiwibro. Any lawyers on this site? A couple of fancy overhead letters with the word "sue" all over it might be helpful as well.

Brian
Thanks for your offer Brian.
They emailed a scan today showing they had paid it at their end so it's a matter of seeing how long it takes to land into my designated account. Hopefully only a day or so.

Thanks to those who offered to help.

Here's hoping this is the end to this saga.