Appalachian woodstove firebrick or lack of

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPS. LLC

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A few firebrick questions for an appalachian (cheapie) insert.

It doesn't have firebrick on the bottom. Should I put in the bottom? I don't think it could hurt. I think TSC has some.

Also, the one side has some damaged pieces that fell out. Is there some kind of adhesive that can withstand the temps to "stick" a few new ones on that side? There is a small bracket halfway up that may hold them, but only if I could find the same size...

Firebrick

I have an App insert. I had a few bricks that were cracked TSC was running a special so when I replaced my firebrick I stood them on end instead of the long side down (hope that makes sense) was able to get a few more bricks in. The guy that helped me with my liner install said I could put a few more on the bottom but I didn't want to block off my ash drawer and lose space in the stove. I had a couple extra so I sat them in the back of the stove. I have burned a couple fires this year and no problems so far with the bricks on their ends, stove seems to be putting out more heat but I'm sure my wood being dryer this year has made a big difference. I guess every little bit helps.

Latest posts

Back