apple tree problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpc123

Reaction score
The apple tree leaves are turning brown and dieing. the branch also seems to die. I did prune the tree this year. The apple tree next to this one is not affected. Pls advise and any remedies. Tx Tpc.1

I have seen alot of Fireblight this year myself, I have it on my Apple orchard and on alot of Bradford Pears. Fireblight is a bacteria that only affect plants in the Rose Family. Prune out the blighted twigs a foot below the infection and clean your shears with Lysol or diluted bleach between each cut. JPM

tpc;
I had posted a similar question about my fruit trees a couple of weeks ago, and had gotten a similar diagnosis. I believe that 'fireblight' is the bane of our existence!
After they were pruned the following day, and sprayed with a fruit tree spray that had stuff in it for fireblight, they are such happy (even if shorter) trees now, budding out like crazy!
I had stayed up late that night searching 'fireblight', and this is a site where you can get a lot of info directly, too, on care of fruit trees in our region: <http://www.ces.purdue.edu/>.
Isn't this a great site to find answers?!? ;) These guys are wonderful!

Back