Ash Drop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have loved to drop it just with some wedges but being 96 feet and the wind was about 35 km/h and the inner rot as well. Please share your thoughts.

Too much tension for my liking and it looked like your near side corner was below your undercut.

The vid wasn't available for Mobile so I couldn't view it .

Why do u say you dropped it ? Did u plan on breaking it or something else .

It sounds like u want advice/ critique on how u Fell it .

I thot it was a thread about cleaning chimneys . Did you hang a pullibg line in it or pendelum lines ?
Can u post some stills ?

Ash drop - YouTube

Just wanted some opinions on this fall. All went well but curious what you all think. Did have alot of force with the grcs but all ends well.

Are you using a man basket with a crane? We have a man basket that came with our crane, haven't used it yet......don't know if we ever will. What's your take on using it?

Using the man basket takes awhile to get to use to. Like to bring up a rope with me sometimes to speed things up, but it goes alright with out one anyways. So use to a rope. He's reasonable with his pricing and I include it in the price. Saves time and energy.

I thought the topping/falling stuff was interesting, if a bit routine-appearing...this from someone not in the business.

The "music" absolutely sucked IMHO.

I note that the sapwood was very much alive and formed all of the holding wood. With the fence sections removed, you probably could have gotten away with just dropping it from knee height without topping. Yeh, I know, could have dropped a branch somewhere... but was repairing the deck necessarily more expensive a prospect than hauling in the crane? I'd chance good insurance against physics in that case, and have... with somebody else's money, of course.

Back