Ash Tree Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killams4

Reaction score
Hi there, trying to figure out what may be wrong with my Ash tree. Moved into the house last fall so I'm not sure of the history of the tree, or if it had problems before this year. Issue this summer is that there is a large section of the tree where the branches have totally died. I have not removed them yet - but they are all drooping downwards. Also - there is a large caved in area of the trunk that runs up the side of it, You can actually see into it a ways, and it happens to be on the same side as all the dead branches. Can anyone help - this is the main shade tree in the backyard so i really don't want to lose it!.... Thanks all for reading

View attachment 306051View attachment 306052

It would be best if you engaged an Arborist to do an on site inspection of your important Ash tree.
To post a couple pics of dead limbs in a tree, we would all just be guessing in the dark. Then all of our guesses would then have to be confirmed by an Arborist who needs to look at the Ash. Issues such as yours require a detailed process of elimination to pin point the concerns.

Latest posts

Back