Asplundh Whiser Chipper model Jey series

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treeclimber

Reaction score
Chipper is 1978 model. Chipper sat out in the elements for 17 years engine runs great but flares and bearings are rusted and locked up. How can I replace bearings and replace all cutting parts?
This is all new to me..someone please help

Alot of labor, cash, and some serious motivation!!! I got a asplundh whisper chipper a while back that had been sitting. Got it for $1500, dumped probably another $1500+ into at this point but i have also made alot of money with it and cleared alot of land with it as well so I believe I have came out ahead with it. Sure beats the hell out of a monthly payment on a brand new one or a newer used one. And I personally like the quality of chips the drum style chippers make, all the newer "chippers" should be called SHREDDERS cuz that's what they make, shreds/mulch not wood chips.

Alot of labor, cash, and some serious motivation!!! I got a asplundh whisper chipper a while back that had been sitting. Got it for $1500, dumped probably another $1500+ into at this point but i have also made alot of money with it and cleared alot of land with it as well so I believe I have came out ahead with it. Sure beats the hell out of a monthly payment on a brand new one or a newer used one. And I personally like the quality of chips the drum style chippers make, all the newer "chippers" should be called SHREDDERS cuz that's what they make, shreds/mulch not wood chips.
This is what I'm talking about on the chip quality. The actual woodchips came from my whisper chipper, and the shreds and twigs is what the newer style "chippers" make.

But in the big scheme of things they both condense the crap out of tree debris, eliminating the haul-off "trailer loads" of debris taking more then one trip and double the time.

Attachments

• 20231106_085412.jpg
    20231106_085412.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231106_085457.jpg
    20231106_085457.jpg
    10.5 MB · Views: 0
Chipper is 1978 model. Chipper sat out in the elements for 17 years engine runs great but flares and bearings are rusted and locked up. How can I replace bearings and replace all cutting parts?
This is all new to me..someone please help
Bearings are not that expensive if you take the old bearings to a bearing company like Motion Ind. Or get the number off and check on line. Must be same number . Good Luck

Latest posts

Back