Aussie Swamp Sheoak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They get reasonably big too, Check this one out!

Huge tree, beautiful, lot of taper down at the base... who is the attractive young lady? Did a little google search, interesting wood. Hard, heavy, rot resistant, very deep roots. Found a couple places I can buy it online, around $11 (US) a bd ft for 4/4, that includes shipping. I'm tempted to bite. I think it would make a beautiful Shaker side table.

here is one of the sources...
http://www.woodworkerssource.net/Me...e=pp-jar&Category_Code=Jarrah&Product_Count=2

Huge tree, beautiful, lot of taper down at the base... who is the attractive young lady?
I don't know - I did a search of my personal picture archive for that tree (one with me standing in the same spot as the young lady) but couldn't find it so I searched the web for a picture and found several of that same tree!

Did a little google search, interesting wood. Hard, heavy, rot resistant, very deep roots. Found a couple places I can buy it online, around $11 (US) a bd ft for 4/4, that includes shipping.
That's about what we pay for this too - so with shipping that is a very good deal.

That's about what we pay for this too - so with shipping that is a very good deal.
Interesting, I guess it's the economics of supply and demand, but I don't understand how I can get heavy bulky wood delivered literally half way around the world to my doorstep for the same price you pay for it when it's probably logged only an hour or so from YOUR doorstep. That borders on the surreal.

Latest posts

Back