• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Bandit 150XP (2015, New, 89 HP Gas)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dab3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Brand New Bandit Model 150XP Wood Chipper For Sale. $30,000

The chipper has the following options:
• 3.0L GM gas engine (89 HP, 185 ft. lbs torque)
• Reversing auto feed; hydraulic lift cylinder;
• Optional wider 45" and spring loaded input hopper (same size as standard 200XP);
• Double teeth on bottom feed wheel;
• Hand crank driven rotating and height adjustable discharge shoot;
• Brackets for future winch installation;
• Wear kit with 3 extra sets of knives, extra anvil and extra nuts and washers

Before you dismiss this machine because of the gas engine, consider this: the gas engine has the same power as the standard Perkins diesel engine AND develops its maximum torque at the same engine speed, 2600 rpm. The torque rating is only slightly lower, 185 vs. 218 ft. lbs. I also considered the bigger gas engine, the 130 HP 4.3 L gas engine, but it consumes fuel at 3.9 GPH vs. 3.17 GPH for the 3.0 L (23% faster) and with 150 XP's slower feed rate (1.5 ft. per sec. vs. 2.0 ft. per sec. of the 200 and 250) you will have less need for the extra power. With the auto feed, it'll chip at the optimal rate for any condition without getting bogged down. So the idea was to save operating and purchase costs with gas over diesel, but have a super efficient and highly capable chipper. This article on the Bandit website sold me:

http://www.banditchippers.com/index...-gas-machines-april-2015&catid=105&Itemid=470

Another consideration for me was the compactness and lower weight of 150XP vs. the 250XP. The 150XP weighs less than 6,000 lbs. which enables me to pull it with my midsize frontier pickup truck. (The 250XP starts at 6,500 lbs.).

So why I am selling this brand new chipper? I am receiving this unit as part of an insurance settlement that requires me to purchase a replacement for a machine that was damaged in an accident. I need to sell it to recover the money from the loss. Send email and I can send you the quote sheet from Bandit. My cost w/o shipping is about $36k.

I will sell it for $30,000, brand new and unused with full warranty from Bandit.

The machine is scheduled to be delivered the week of July 19th to my Bandit dealer in Pittsburgh, PA. I can help with shipping and delivery arrangements.

Price drop to $28500

I ended up adding an extended warranty (2 years total) and did not get the wear kit.

Delivery is today August 5th. (Bandit was a pain in #$% to work with on this purchase, they couldn't seem to get there act together on shipping)

I may be able to deliver this chipper to areas between and around Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New York/Long Island as I an planning to drive that route in the coming weeks.

Brand New Bandit Model 150XP Wood Chipper For Sale. $30,000

The chipper has the following options:
• 3.0L GM gas engine (89 HP, 185 ft. lbs torque)
• Reversing auto feed; hydraulic lift cylinder;
• Optional wider 45" and spring loaded input hopper (same size as standard 200XP);
• Double teeth on bottom feed wheel;
• Hand crank driven rotating and height adjustable discharge shoot;
• Brackets for future winch installation;
• Wear kit with 3 extra sets of knives, extra anvil and extra nuts and washers

Before you dismiss this machine because of the gas engine, consider this: the gas engine has the same power as the standard Perkins diesel engine AND develops its maximum torque at the same engine speed, 2600 rpm. The torque rating is only slightly lower, 185 vs. 218 ft. lbs. I also considered the bigger gas engine, the 130 HP 4.3 L gas engine, but it consumes fuel at 3.9 GPH vs. 3.17 GPH for the 3.0 L (23% faster) and with 150 XP's slower feed rate (1.5 ft. per sec. vs. 2.0 ft. per sec. of the 200 and 250) you will have less need for the extra power. With the auto feed, it'll chip at the optimal rate for any condition without getting bogged down. So the idea was to save operating and purchase costs with gas over diesel, but have a super efficient and highly capable chipper. This article on the Bandit website sold me:

http://www.banditchippers.com/index...-gas-machines-april-2015&catid=105&Itemid=470

Another consideration for me was the compactness and lower weight of 150XP vs. the 250XP. The 150XP weighs less than 6,000 lbs. which enables me to pull it with my midsize frontier pickup truck. (The 250XP starts at 6,500 lbs.).

So why I am selling this brand new chipper? I am receiving this unit as part of an insurance settlement that requires me to purchase a replacement for a machine that was damaged in an accident. I need to sell it to recover the money from the loss. Send email and I can send you the quote sheet from Bandit. My cost w/o shipping is about $36k.

I will sell it for $30,000, brand new and unused with full warranty from Bandit.

The machine is scheduled to be delivered the week of July 19th to my Bandit dealer in Pittsburgh, PA. I can help with shipping and delivery arrangements.

Back