Bar nose lower then bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snatchy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How much height difference would you consider acceptable for a new bar? I don't recall seeing one with this much offset. Pretty sure I've seen a thread on here some time ago but can't find it.

Attachments

• 20230709_143949.jpg
    20230709_143949.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230709_143141.jpg
    20230709_143141.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
Are you questioning why the nose end is lower than the saw end? Honestly, this is something I have never considered in 50 years. If the saw has bucking spikes, the nose may sit higher. How about a photo showing the whole length of the bar?

I think he is saying that the bar tip is not quite as wide as the rest of the bar.

Are you questioning why the nose end is lower than the saw end? Honestly, this is something I have never considered in 50 years. If the saw has bucking spikes, the nose may sit higher. How about a photo showing the whole length of the bar?

I had one similar but the tip was wider than the bar. I took a flat file and beveled it to make it a smoother transition. I didn't try it before I did it so I don't know if it would have been a problem.

Sorry I should've used better wording.
Yes the tip is 1/32+ narrow to bar creating a lip, seemed like alot for higher qaulity bar.
I did file the transition & broke in a bit longer before heavy cutting & tuning.
Because I changed a bunch of stuff I didn't want to add another possible issue. Thanks!

Back