Belsaw chain grinder model 550-1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultimate buzz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a Belsaw chain grinder on fleabay. It's a little beat up and I can't tell for sure whether the model number is 550-1 or 650-1 .The stop for the chain is mickey-rigged and the pulley on the motor side has a slight bend to it.Does any one have a manual for this cutter grinder that could be copied? Also does any one know if there are still parts available from Foley-Belsaw or from another source? I wanted to get a chain grinder made in the USA with quality workmanship. I got it, it just needs a few tweaks. Also, it looks like this chain grinder can be wall mounted or bench mounted .I know that the bench mounting would give me a sturdier setup,but I think I would have a better visual with the grinder wall mounted at about 48/50 inches. Any opinions? Thanks for any info,Ken.

Foley-belsaw should have the manual and possible parts. Find their website and give them a call. I have heard good things about their customer service. I mount my foley in my vise. I can sit down and sharpen chains pretty easily. I am still playing with my new to me foley, I am slowly getting good at it, takes some time to become good at it.

Have the same one in the garage.

I eventually got the 511, but the foley was a good start.

The company is very much in business, and the manual costs $10. But it doesn't have a parts diagram with it. I would give them a call during the week and ask questions.

Very nice people.

Jason

Latest posts

Back