Best Firewood Processor for 10k-15k

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firewood Processors under 10 grand

Been a while since I've been on but this summer I purchased a Wood-EZE from a guy around home, gently used. It's a PTO processor with a 28" saw 4 way splitter and hyd. winch to pull the logs, it came with a Tractor and a conveyor for $2500. They came from Kalamazoo or Twin lakes I think Michigan. I'll have some pics up very soon. Look around for some used stuff. It's hard to wear out a good processor.

Hakki 1 x 37

Moss Man, I also have a Hakki 1 x 37. Great little processor. I agree with the limitations you mentioned. I run mine easily with a 1961 Allis Chalmers tractor. I have a homemade 3 strand brow that feeds it which makes it easy handling 16 ft. hardwood. :chainsaw:

These guys sell a kit for this one man operation.

$7900.00

http://www.firewoodprocessor.us/news.htm

They also have a youtube video.

My opinion, for the price of their log rack, a $2k or less splitter, and a used grain conveyor, and the local cobble-it-together-wizard, a guy could be setup pretty darn well for working 100cords without working too hard, and it would be portable for working some homeowners 10cord truck load.

Granted, you'd need a piece of support equipment, like a tractor, but, the local cobble-fabricator could probably match up a winch, and frame to get the logs up onto the log rack until funds allowed for a capable wheeled machine.

When someone gets something working well, and offers good tips, good photos, I would be happy to send them some Franklins for that information.

For that kind of money I would buy a TW-5 and a good saw. If I wanted new, I've got around 20k in my used timber wolf processor. started with a pro-cmx, then added a PTO driven pump and a hyd. saw, then a 140 hp power plant that runs on waste oil.
Sounds like a nice setup; Do you have pictures?

For that price I dont think you will be able to find a good processor. But you could make one heck of one though.

Shoot, if I had $2000 I could make one heck of a processor.

I have my splitter built, but in the long run it will be a processor as the funds allow and the parts become available.
Would you make me a firewood processor, that self loads, bucks, splits, and conveys?

Back