Big Stump Grinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbusta

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Rayco RG85 or Carlton SP8018TRX

I'm looking at a stump grinder for high volume stump removals. It will be used on sub divisions, farms and lifestyle blocks for large stumps and hedge rows. Width and turf damage not a big issue. I'm considering Rayco RG85 or 90 and Carlton SP8018TRX and am leaning towards the Carlton. I can not demo as there are non of these in NZ any opinions feed back would be appreciated especially from current users. PS if anyone knows of a used machine I may be interested.

Last edited:
a tractor mounted 3 point linkage p.t.o stump grinder is what you want there the quikest grinder on the market,access is the only problem.

Have you looked at the Vermeer Sc1102a We have two at the co. I work for and they seem to be WAY more than enough for ANY stump!!

I have a 1997 Carlton Hurricane for sale. 125 hp Turbo Charged John Deere Desiel with 140 hrs. Wired remote. New teeth and pockets. $22,000.00--------They are $42,000.00 new---Can email pics if interested.

Sorry about that, I didn't take time to see where you were from...............

a_lopa said:
a tractor mounted 3 point linkage p.t.o stump grinder is what you want there the quikest grinder on the market,access is the only problem.

I haven't tried or seen a pto stumpgrinder [in action],anyone out there used one or got one?? ,i'd be interested in how well they compare to dedicated stump cutters

Back